Sylvan Park Real Estate
Sylvan Park Real Estate Guide
Looking to buy or sell a home in Sylvan Park?
Sylvan Park is a quaint, family-friendly neighborhood located just southwest of downtown Nashville between Charlotte Pike and West End Avenue. With an active neighborhood association, beautiful tree-lined streets, great restaurants and bars as well as homes and businesses of all different styles, this neighborhood is easily one of Nashville’s favorites. There are also several 1920s homes and 1930s stone bungalows that mix perfectly.
History of Sylvan Park
Sylvan Park has a fascinating history. “Father of Nashville,” General James Robertson resided here and named it “rich land.” It was made valuable to pioneers, plantation owners, and Native Americans through its Natural springs, rich soil, and a large amount of game. In 1887, Sylvan Park’s grand opening declared the area as residential and became full of schools, businesses, grocery stores, and churches.
Homes vary from Victorian and Craftsman bungalows to new construction. This area is known for it’s walkability, access to greenways and parks. Pop-up street parties take place several times during the year on Murphy Road near its local establishments. To name a few: Star Bagel (the oldest locally owned bagel shop and bakery in Nashville), Edley’s Bar-B-Que, Café Nona, Neighbors, McCabe pub, and Park Café. On the Charlotte end: Bobbie’s Dairy Dip, Hattie B’s, Thistle Stop Café, Salt & Vine, etc.
- HIGHLIGHTS: Locally Owned Restaurants, Shops + Bars, McCabe Park, McCabe Golf Course
Other Notable Nashville Favorites
- Founded in 1986, Nashville Ballet has grown to become the largest professional ballet company in Tennessee, presenting a varied repertoire of classical ballet and contemporary works by noted choreographers, including original works by Artistic Director & CEO Paul Vasterling. Fun fact: They offer adult dance classes so check them out!
- Nashville Opera’s mission statement is “make a difference by creating legendary productions and programs and providing exceptional service.”
McCabe Golf Course
- 27 hole golf course and practice facility –voted best place to play by Nashville Scene in 2014
- A short walk away and offers several ball fields, a playground, an expansive walking trail, and plenty of open green spaces.
Real Estate Information
Home prices have gone up some due to the convenience Sylvan Park provides. There are no signs of slowing down as new homebuyers are finding remodeling opportunities, new construction, and charming bungalows.
As mentioned earlier, the walkability, parks, restaurants, local shops, businesses, strong community, easy access to the I-40 and I-440 and downtown help make this area very desirable.
- Sylvan Park is located within the following zip code: 37209
- Distance to downtown Nashville: 4.4 miles